Returns and Exchanges
If any of our products that you buy fails to meet a consumer guarantee, you have the right to ask for a repair, replacement or refund under the Australian Consumer Law. The remedy you’re entitled to will depend on whether the issue is major or minor.
For minor issues, we will offer a free repair. A major issue is something that cannot be resolved from repairs, in which case we will offer a replacement or refund.
We have the right to refuse to give you a free repair, replacement or refund if:
- you simply changed your mind;
- you misused the product or service in a way that contributed to the problem;
- you asked for a service to be done in a certain way against our advice or were unclear about what you wanted;
- the problem was completely outside of our control.
The Jewellers Association of Australia (JAA) have some helpful information which you can access here.
We do not normally give exchanges if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
However, if you have bought the jewellery as a gift, then you may exchange within 14 days of purchase for another item of the same value or higher or credit note.
Please note that this is not applicable to resized rings, altered jewellery, custom-made jewellery or special orders.
We have the right to refuse to refund or exchange to any customer the price of the jewellery if:
- It is not returned within 14 days of our dispatch or collection from store;
- There is evidence of use and wear of the item;
- It is a specially (custom) made item;
- It is a ring that has been resized to your specifications (including a ring that is made in your finger size specially for you);
- An incorrect finger size is supplied by the customer;
- The reason is not related to quality issue;
- Damage has been done due to insufficient or careless packaging.
Returns Process for Exchange, Repairs & Other Services
Simply follow the instructions below to return any items to Moi Moi:
- Please contact us first to advise us of your intention;
- Wrap the jewellery securely in its original packing or in a protective shipping container with bubble wrap or a padded envelope;
- Include a note with your contact details and reason for return;
- Postage and insurance are your responsibility and at your expense. For your protection, please ship your item insured, with tracking number and proof of delivery, such as a signature by us on receipt.
Moi Moi is not responsible for items lost or damaged while shipping.
Send the item to the following address:
Moi Moi (For security reasons, do not write the word Fine Jewellery on the envelope)
Level 2, Shop 16
Queen Victoria Building
455 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph: 02 9261 0200
We will contact you once we have received the package.
Lay-By & Custom Order Terms
We require a non-refundable 20% deposit on stock items; or a 50% non-refundable deposit for custom made orders.
The lay-by duration is 6 weeks, and the balance is payable within this time, either in installments or as a bulk payment at the end of the lay-by duration. If a lay-by item is not collected and paid for by the end of the lay-by due date we will attempt to notify you to finalise the payments. If we are unable to reach you, it is deemed that you wish to cancel your lay-by.
A termination of a lay-by will incur a termination fee of:
- 20% of the total value of the stock item
- 50% of the total value of custom made items