FREE 5-YEAR MANUFACTURING WARRANTY
Your Moi Moi Fine Jewellery (excluding silver jewellery) has a 5-year manufacturing warranty against any defects.
Manufacturing defects refer to the structure of the jewellery, and most manufacturing defects for jewellery would show up within the first few months of wearing it. Any item found defective during that period will be repaired or replaced by us at no charge. We will also cover shipping/postage both ways.
What is Covered By Warranty
Some examples of manufacturing defects which are covered under this warranty include:
- Porosity, surface pores, blemishes in the metal;
- Uneven settings;
- Chips, scratches or nicks in stones given at time of pick-up;
- Rhodium plating ‘splashes’ of stains on the metal.
Within 12 months of purchase, we will cover the loss of small Moissanite or Lab Grown Diamonds up to (and including) 2.5mm, where the loss was not caused by damage to the stones, or the jewellery. After 12 months, it is considered wear-and-tear and is not covered by the warranty.
We do not cover or insure for the loss of jewellery or Moissanite or Lab Grown Diamonds larger than 2.5mm. We strongly recommend Jewellery Insurance for coverage for this.
What is Not Covered By Warranty
- Dents, abrasions, scratches to jewellery due to normal wear and tear.
- Settings and prongs that are bent or broken due to wear and tear or abuse.
- Discoloration due to exposure to chemicals or make-up.
- Gemstone that are chipped, scratched, nicked or broken due to wear and tear or other damage.
- Loose stones due to wear and tear or abuse.
Whilst diamonds and Moissanite are hard gemstones, they are not indestructible. If a gemstone is knocked in a certain position, they can chip or crack. The hit or knock does not need to be of substantial force. It can often be the position of the hit or knock on the gemstone that will result in the damage. The edges (also known as the girdle) of a gemstone are the weakest part of it, because it is thin and vulnerable. Gemstones set with exposed edges, such as in a prong setting, will have a higher chance of sustaining damage.
It is recommended you have your jewellery assessed annually to ensure all stone settings are secure and to have a clean and polish which will have your jewellery looking like new again. We offer very competitive prices and annual specials for your jewellery servicing.
Australian Consumer Law
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled to:
- cancel your service contract with us, and
- refund for the unused portion, or reimbursement for its reduced value.
- You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods.
If a failure with the goods or a service does amount to major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done, you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to reimbursement for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
Claiming Your Warranty
If you feel your jewellery has any manufacturing issues, please Contact us for evaluation.
- If you are posting to us, a $40 two-way postage fee (within Australia), or $200 two-way Fedex fee (from outside Australia) will be required as a deposit;
- We will then determine whether your jewellery is under warranty.
- If the damage is not under warranty, we will provide a quote of the repair for your approval. If you don’t wish to proceed, we will then send it back with your pre-paid postage.
- If the damage is due to manufacturing defect, we will repair or replace free of charge and refund your deposit.
Moi Moi does not reimburse for work repaired by a 3rd party jeweller, unless previously agreed. Repair or service performed by another jeweller other than Moi Moi Fine Jewellery will void our manufacturing warranty.
A general rule of thumb is that jewellery should be the last thing you put on when going out and the first thing to take off when home. We strongly recommend taking the ring off during any duties such as sports, gym, housework (e.g. dishes, gardening) and other hands-on work. You will be amazed at the difference this makes.
We recommend you cover your jewellery purchases with jewellery insurance to help cover significant damage, loss or theft. Centre Stone Jewellery Insurance or Q Report Jewellery Insurance are our recommended insurers.
Please refer to our Jewellery Care page for further tips.
Updated May 2022