|Daniella Make Up
|| 20% OFF Personal Cosmetic Consultation Voucher
|| Photo shoot offer
Below are some exclusive offers from make up artist, Daniella for our WA Moi Moi customers.
1. 20% OFF Personal Cosmetic Consultation
2. Daniella Piscopo Make Up in collaboration with Natalie Ann Photography is offering Moi Moi customers an exclusive photo shoot package for a special price of $500 which includes:
- 2 Hour photo shoot
- 8 Hi-Resolution and Re-touched photographs
- Professional Hair Styling and Make Up
Find out a bit more about Daniella:
The story began for Daniella when she trained at Perth College of Beauty where she excelled in her Diploma in Makeup Artistry. She holds a proud title of being a certified and qualified MAC makeup artist; who is up to date with trends and evolving advanced techniques with makeup styles. As a freelance makeup artist, she has worked on a number of creative projects; working alongside recognised and very talented photographers, hair stylists and stylists, in the studio and on location, including Commercial, Editorial, Portfolio and High Fashion related work!
MM: What are the makeup trends for spring/summer 2011?
Daniella: The fun and new makeup trends for spring summer 2011 is about choosing the right makeup colors as well as adapting the style of the makeup to suit your facial features and customising the look to suit to your own personal style. Here is a taste of the following spring/summer 2011 must have looks which are simple enough to follow and recreate to suit your individuality.
* It is all about your glowing skin this season, to create a flawless looking skin which is radiant perfected with simple go to products, using a concealer, natural finishing foundation to buff over areas to simply polish and even out the complexion, defining those cheeks with a soft touch of blush, apply mascara and a natural looking lipstick for a fresh and ready look to wear every day.
* Go bold this season when it comes to enhancing your eyes. Adding bold eye shadow colors such as orange, pink, green, blue, can definitely help you enhance your eyes. Always ensure to frame the eye with a bold black liquid liner. If this is a little daring then you can always opt for a colored eye kohl pencil to still put a splash of colour into your fresh summery look.
*The Bold lippy is very in at the moment. I love this as it is so simple to add a bold colour shade of lipstick which can brighten any look and can be worn effortlessly to suit every style. Bold lip colours to reach for should be all shades of red, as well as hot pink and orange which are gorgeous statement colours. Just remember to keep the texture matte, and keep your canvas polished.
*Sultry and Smokey eyes are a reborn trend which I personally believe will never lose its sassy statement or style. Although it is something which takes a little practice it is best to stay away from black eye shadow and lean towards a deep navy blue, or try a shade of deep slate grey. Always line the eye with a back eye kohl or black liquid liner- keeping the lips bare. You're now ready to rock the new spring summer season of 2011. Have fun playing and introducing colour into your makeup looks.
MM: What are your top 5, absolutely cannot live without, favourite products and why?
Either in powder or crème texture: a multipurpose product which works on every skin tone to give a natural sun kissed look. This product builds effortlessly when applied with a small or large duo fibre brush. This is always my go-to product which can be worn on the eyes, lips, cheeks, or dusted on the entire face and body.
2) Lip & Cheek creme
A versatile and blendable creme which tints both the lips and cheeks: a great 2-in-1 go to product which is travel friendly with a compact mirror and can be applied on the go with simple application of just your fingertips. It is vitamin E enriched and can be applied and worn under or over makeup for an effortless natural looking finish. You can find this product at Becca cosmetics in four different shades.
3) White Eye kohl
This product opens the eye creating an illusion that the eye is bigger than it seems, it works with any and every look from natural day makeup to an evening sultry look. Wearing the product on the bottom water line of the eye creates a popping effect.
4) Eye paint
This product enables your eye makeup to be smudge resistant and literally fool proof. A must have!! It will amazingly keep your eye makeup on without natural oils seeping threw the eye shadow and shifting your hard efforts into the folds of the eye. It comes in matte and iridescent texture including a number of different shades to create professional eye makeup for any occasion. This product is so great that you can also wear it alone and can be purchased at MAC cosmetics.
5) Shimmering Skin Perfector
This is such a gorgeous product which can be mixed into a liquid foundation to give a dewy finish or can be buffed into the skin as a finishing product using a duo fibre brush. I tend to apply this product to the upper cheek bone and a little on the top of the lip (cupid's bow). It contains light diffusing particles and creates an instant radiance and glow. I always have colour "opal" in my kit which can be purchased at Becca cosmetics.
MM: What was your most memorable creative project?
Daniella: One of my most memorable jobs was having a the opportunity to work with Adam & Selina Masters of Illusion for their re launch and their website www.adamandselina.com
"From Europe To Las Vegas, Adam & Selina ™ are the new breed of modern day illusionists that have captivated audiences across the world and millions in sold out theatres and on Television. They've become widely known for blending their modern showmanship, spectacular illusions and their slick performance style for audiences of the 21st Century." Adam & Selina have an eye for detail and perfection; which allowed me to work my makeup magic to create their professional photographic finish!
MM: At Moi Moi we run Jewellery Appreciation Workshops. Do you offer any workshops for makeup?
Daniella: Yes in fact I do offer Makeup workshops for the makeup guru and for the everyday woman who has always longed to know how to apply makeup like a professional, or simply just wanted to know how to apply makeup the correct way with confidence and ease!
The lessons/workshops include a shared and fun, non-intimidating learning experience, either individually or with your friends. In both private lessons and group workshops you will learn how to professionally apply flawless makeup with artistic technique using the tools of the trade. You will gain and experience the knowhow to create an entire picture-perfect makeup from beginning to end! Lessons typically run for 2 - 3 hours. Please feel free to take a look at my website www.daniellapiscopo.com
for more info.
MM: Any secret tips for Moi Moi brides-to-be to keep them looking/feeling great in the lead up to their wedding?
* Ensure that you are drinking enough water: to be precise 8 glasses or more is what is recommended to flush out any toxins and allowing your skin to glow to be in top condition.
* Rest well and allow 7-9 hours of sleep. Considering that the skin rejuvenates during sleep, as well as the busy mind.
* Your face is your canvas and needs to be in prime condition. Practice a regular cleanse, tone and moisturise for your skin type. Please wear a broad sunscreen UVA and UVB protector during the day.
* You should treat yourself to a rejuvenating facial no later than 3 weeks prior to the wedding, to allow any congestion to surface.
Otherwise for D.I.Y, continue with a regular cleansing routine and add a weekly exfoliate and mask to suit and treat your skins needs.
* Moderate exercise is another final plus as this will release endorphins to allow your body and mind to be happy, relaxed and at ease when the time comes closer to your special day.
Thanks Daniella for all your great insights!
Stay tune for updates on the Perth's Fashion Festival in my next blog!