| Don't let your jewellery tangle!
||Connoisseurs Jewellery Cleaner
Forever getting your chains tangled in knots?
Wondering why your ring lost its sparkle and is looking lacklustre? Get our top tips for looking after your precious trinkets and fine jewellery:
1. A good way to take care of jewellery is to follow the rule "Last on, First Off". Put your jewellery on last thing when you walk out the door and take it off as soon as you get home to avoid your treasured pieces coming into too much contact with cosmetics, hairspray and housework.
2. Where cleaning jewellery is concerned, use a reputable jewellery cleaning solution like Connoisseurs, or if you don't have any try a drop of mild dishwashing liquid in a bowl of water and gently clean with a soft toothbrush. Rinse in a second bowl of water and dry with a 100% cotton cloth. And remember ladies, never rinse over a sink in case you drop your jewellery down the drain a'la Bingle.
3. Keep each jewellery piece in a separate box or pouch to prevent scratching
4. Protect chains from knotting by re-fastening the clasp and try to avoid bending chains when storing them
5. Remove fine jewellery rings when doing rough work, the dishes or exercise. Try wearing your rings as a pendant on a chain instead when doing these activities
6. Never use toothpaste or other abrasives to clean metal or stones. You will find countless websites that recommend toothpaste as a cleaner, but this is not an accepted practice by fine jewellers. Although the abrasives in toothpaste are great for your teeth, they can damage the surface of the metal requiring the skill of a professional to buff and refinish.
7. And most importantly, Fine Jewellery should be treated like a silk dress. Treating your fine jewellery with care and respect will make a big difference to its longevity